Random thoughts of Keffie Deen II

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

From Chain Gang to Big Pimpin all in a matter of a day!!!

This weekend was quite interesting for me. I got to experience a wide variety of experiences. I’ll start with Saturday morning as I attended a pee-wee football game with an elder of mine (Montel Jones). To see football at this level was interesting to say the least. However, it’s sad to see that the same “prima Donna, diva, I am God’s gift to this game attitude” that runs rampant and threatens to ruin the game that I love soooo much on a pro level has in fact has seeped down to the pee-wee level. Many of the kids simply imitate what they see on T.V., and never really realize how stupid they look, and what they are doing to the game.
During half time one of the refs asked me to run chain gang for him. He gave me no instructions, and did not give any orders as to what to do and what not to do. So as the game went on it got pretty tense towards the end and the refs botched a call which cost the kids the game. When it was all said and done, he used me for a scape goat, and claimed that it was my fault. Now I have had 2 coaching jobs, played football for 4 years, and watched it sense fifth grade and I know for a fact that it is the refs responsibility to direct the chain gang. Alas, in the end the kids lost, and the refs blamed it on me.
Saturday night I could not sleep. I woke up a little before 2 A.M. after falling asleep around 11:30 and could not fall back asleep. Maybe it was simply because I was finally going to be going to my first NFL game I had ever been to. I received theses Bears tickets at a silent auction held at Salem for $45 a piece. At that time I did not know that these were skybox tickets. So on Sunday after Church, I experienced my first NFL game from the Big Pimpin sky boxes of Solider Field. It’s ugly outside…yet so beautiful inside (pictures should be coming soon). The skybox (located on the 50) was full of ice cold soda, beer, and water. Also available was a mini desert tray, brats, hot dogs, sausages, with all the condiments, Nachos and any other of game food you could imagine suitable for a sporting event. I ate my fill and didn’t spend a red cent. I love vicarage. The Bears stomped the 49ers 41-10. Big Pimpin was Vicar Deen.
Finally the shout out for this entry goes out to Ben Dolby. Dolby, I miss talking football with you. Good game Sunday night. The score was not a true representation. Take care y’all

Go Cowboys!!!

Keffie Deen II

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home