Random thoughts of Keffie Deen II

Thursday, November 09, 2006

This makes the three (long) years of Seminary all worth it!!!

I dont think it's a secret that I am not the biggest fan of the seminary. While I have made many friends at the place, and learned a lot, for me it has not rarely been an enjoyable experience. To discuss all of the reasons is another post, for another day.
While at the seminary, oftentimes I would ask myself "what is point of all this crap that I am going through?"
This past Sunday I got the answer. I had the oppurtunity to preach this past Sunday. I really enjoy preaching, and this Sunday I was really happy with the way in which the sermon was recieved. I thank God that it was able to touch people the way it did. When I delivered it both times, I saw people crying, I saw a mother and daughter move closer and hug each other, and I got quite a few complments on it. Steve Harris, a elder at my Church (who is probally in his sixties) told me it was one the best sermons he has ever heard.
Having things like that happen is better than any "A" that any professors at the sem could ever give me. So for anybody reading this that is struggling with the sem and all the unpleasantness that goes with, I tell you like Pastor (Pastor Brad Hubbard) once told me....KEEP AT IT. KEEP AT IT, BECAUSE IT IS SO SO WORTH IT! That is probally the best suggestion I have. My second suggestion would be to get involved in something that distracts from the dregs of the seminary.

My shoutout for this post with out a doubt goes out Meaty Peaty and Hannah Gurnett. I had not seen them in a while, and they came to hear me preach...thanx a million. Hannah I still laugh about that comment of me running from being a Pastor. Ahh great times.

In His Name
Keffie Deen II


GO COWBOYS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home