Random thoughts of Keffie Deen II

Saturday, January 20, 2007

We've come a long way, yet we still have a long way to go!!!

Let me start out this post by saying, I have just completed a 12 hour Lock-in, so excuse if I sound a bit loopy. But, with MLK day less than a week ago, I feel that this post is appropiate. Tomarrow if Indianpolis wins (I hope they do), and if Chicago wins (I hope they dont) we have a chance to have for the first time two black head coaches in the Super Bowl. Usually I would not notice this, but when USA TODAY runs a front page story on it, you tend to notice. I pray for the day when this will not become an issue.
It was however also nice to see two black coaches get fired, and not once was the fact that they were blcak brought up as to why they got fired. Art Shell and Dennis Green were fired not cause they were black, but becase they did not get the job done. The day will some day come when we wont care if the two coaches for Super Bowl teams are black or not. I pray for that day.
I also pray for the day when Bigotry is no longer taught to our kids. I only say this because my nephew (who is four) should not be getting teased by a kid who is six about my nephew being white. That kind of crap (that what it is...crap) is taught, and in the year 2007 needs to be eliminated. I pray for the day when my nephew does not have to deal with that. So yes we still have a long way to go.


My shout out for this post goes to Adam Parvey, and his fiance Lisa. Adam you are now offically a dead man walking...congrats. And by the way I want a invite...when is the date???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home