Random thoughts of Keffie Deen II

Saturday, April 05, 2008

From awesome to good to bad to frustrating

Ok. I'm so so so sorry! I know it's been a long time since I have written a new post. In fact it's been a way to long. A lot has happened since I smacked on some "slap yo momma good" brisket. Let's see, Kris went on Vicarage, the high school football season ended, the NFL season came and went, I've done my SET's and I've had interviews for my call. In a little more than two weeks I will know where my first call is...I will for sure tell all of you guys where that is at. I have a pretty good idea where I going to go...but I will wait and tell you guys a little later.
What does the title mean you may ask. Let me explain. Last week, my buddy Matt Schilling organized a weekend excursion for all of us 4th/5th years that went to CUW. Kinda like a last hurrah before our calls. And did we ever have a ball. We went to Altenberg, the birth place of the LCMS. We had a 181 acers of farm land to roam. Friday night we burned a piano...yes that's right we burned a piano. It was crazy. Saturday, we did sightseeing and got a education of the first Lutheran German settlers....it was pretty cool. After that we went to Lamberts. That's right home of the thrown rolls. They throw rolls at you...and they are so good...with sourgram molasses. Mmmmmmmmm so so good. Lamberts, it's my new favorite restaurant. That night we burned a cattle shoot. That's right a cattle shoot. After that we on Sunday we went to worship, and then went to a Pancake breakfast. That was the awesome part. The good part was arriving here at the seminary and having a good week....until Friday.
Friday, I was on Clayton trying to take care of tax stuff. By the end of the day, I had my taxes still needing to be done, and a ticket courtesy of Clayton Police Department. That was bad and frustrating. But I'm over it.



The shout out for this post goes out to Greg, Jamie, Naomi, and the newest addition to that familyMicah. Congatrs to you, I'll keep y'all in my prayers. Peace.

In Him
Keffie Deen II



Go Cowboys!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nate and Amanda Ruback said...

Keffie!
Congrats on the call! The Lord is good! I pray blessings on your ministry. I wanted to let you know that Amanda and me live in Florissant, MO, very close to you. The door is always open for football! The grill is always hot and the beer is cold! Hope to hear from you soon!

Nate "OX"

1:32 PM  
Blogger tiapugh said...

Keffie-
I stumbled upon your blog!
How weird... Congrats on the Call. Very exciting. I'm a DCE in Fairbanks, AK. I never imagined this would be the place for me, but apparently God had other plans and it has been great.
What else has been going on in the almost 10 (gasp!) years since MLHS? :)

peace,
Tia (Williams) Pugh

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home